Our vision for the Basketball Foundation is to become a leading sports charity, integral to the growth of basketball and its social impact.
Over the next two years, our strategic objectives are
- To have contributed to a reverse in the decline in participation in basketball
- To have created a positive impact from Project Hub and to have become a trusted investment channel for Lottery funding.
- Be financially sustainable beyond individual project funding
- Be the recognised national charity for increasing participation in and the maximising the social impact of Basketball – and demonstrated partnership work to back this up.
- Be integral to Basketball England funding bids including the Whole Sport Plan submission for 2017-2021
- To have a strong working relationship with the professional game (BBL and NBA) to maximise the impact of their community initiatives.
These are consistent with our charitable objectives as registered with the Charity Commission in 2015.
THE PROMOTION OF COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION IN HEALTHY RECREATION THROUGH THE PROVISION OF FINANCIAL AND PRACTICAL SUPPORT TO ASSIST ORGANISATIONS AND CLUBS WHICH ENABLE THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN BASKETBALL AND OTHER SPORTS.
“SPORT” MEANS SPORTS OR GAMES WHICH PROMOTE HEALTH BY INVOLVING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL SKILL OR EXERTION.